12.22.2008

GameSpoon - Threats of injuring your Lateral Malleolus in Rockband.


Do real drummers have this same issue?

Over the last weekend I had a chance to "beat" Rockband 2, but not without a cost. I was playing my solo world tour on drums when I felt a slight pain above my ankle. I was playing a warmup show before playing a sold out show in Shanghi when I first noticed the pain. I played through the slight annoyance, not thinking any more pain would come.

I was wrong.

I got to Shanghi to rock the socks off of millions of virtual fans. After about the third song [of eight], I started to notice this slight pain to be a little more than slight. after the fifth song, it got a bit unbearable. Knowing that I could not dissappoint my "fans" I trudged through it. By the time I had played 'Tallica's "Battery" and "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, I was in a conciderable amount of pain. Not even the games "ending" made me feel better.

This may be a worthless story, yes I know this. But the fact that I injured myself playing a video game kind of pisses me off.

No comments: