10.07.2008

RantSpoon - The Force Unleashed Glitches

Ugh, I love this game, but the glitches are getting to me. I have been consumed with finding all the Jedi Holocrons, but I hit a "glitch" that has caused some headaches.

On the last two levels of the game, the "mission objectives" menu has somehow died on me. Strange. It will not keep track of my score, side-mission and - worst of all - the number of holocrons I've found. Ugh. This means, I have no idea how many I have found. Typically, I find all but one, then I have to go back through the levels to hunt down the last one. However, on these two levels, I can't tell how many I've found! Which is causing me to check EVERYWHERE on each of these levels, just in case I missed one.

The second major glitch I've encountered, was...wait, this is a spoiler...well, when I fought a major character in the end of the game, the game froze - except for me. I could move around, but my opponent just stood there, stopped moving. I could attack this character, but could not cause any damage. I spent about 20 minutes trying to get the game to trigger a different function, with the hopes that it will break out of the loop that caused it to freeze...no dice though. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

These glitches suck, but I secretly love it. It reminds me of the old days of the NES. Playing games back in the day where you could encounter glitches that would cause you to restart the game! Ha, those were the days.

No comments: