6.22.2009

TubeSpoon: The Pacific



Maybe it is a guy thing, maybe it actually transcends gender, but whatever it is, Band of Brothers has it. That miniseries changed my life with the story of the brotherhood of the US soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division, 506/2 PIR, easy company.

I think I speak for many, when I say that this series is one of the, if not, the best miniseries that has ever been made. As much as I love it and as much as I wish there was more to watch, there is only the series...until 2010!

The Pacific is not a sequel to Band of Brothers, but rather it is the next story being told of the second World War. This time the story will follow the US involvement in the Pacific theater, focusing on the US Marines (1st Marine Division).

I am looking forward to this series very much. I am not expecting it to be the next Band of Brothers, it will be different, but I do expect it to trigger the same type of feelings and in depth understanding of the life of a Marine during the pacific theater.

Our grandfathers, great grandfathers for some, were part of a special generation; one of the bravest generations in the history of the US. Many people may be tired of movies, tv and games that are set during WWII, but their story should be told.

Look for The Pacific on HBO in March of 2010.

No comments: